The Meiji Group's System of Principles, which is shared groupwide, expresses the Group's approach toward achieving ongoing growth in corporate value through the "Food and Health" business.
The System of Principles consists of three key parts: Group Philosophy, Management Attitude, and Action Guidelines, and also includes the Corporate Behavior Charter.
Our mission is to widen the world of "Tastiness and Enjoyment" and meet all expectations regarding "Health and Reassurance."
Our wish is to be closely in tune with our customers' feelings and to always be there to brighten their daily lives
Our responsibility as "Food and Health" professionals is to continue finding innovative ways to meet our customers' needs, today and tomorrow
- Commit ourselves to customer-based ideas and behaviors.
- Provide safe and reassuring high-quality products.
- Strive to always produce new value.
- Foster the development of the synergies and capabilities of the organization and each individual.
- Be a transparent, wholesome company trusted by society.
In order to be an essential part of our customers, partners, and colleagues' daily lives,
- Listen to and learn from our customers.
- Find ways to identify tomorrow's trends and be prepared to lead the way.
- Make our work exciting, and create exciting work.
- Have the strength and courage to confront any issues, rather than to avoid them.
- Always believe in our team's potential, and make the most of its abilities.
Corporate Behavior Charter
Being involved in the "Food and Health" business, the Meiji Group is fully aware of our responsibilities, and will strive to continue to maintain our obligations to society by undertaking responsible activities as a company. Our executives and employees will all comply with the laws, regulations, international agreements, social codes, and rules of each Group company. All will act fairly and faithfully in accordance with high ethical standards.
Relationship with Customers
1. We will win the trust and satisfaction of our customers by providing safe, high-quality products and services and appropriate information.
Relationship with Employees
2.We highly respect the diversity of our employees, their personalities, and uniqueness. We strive to be a creative, energetic organization that emphasizes communication, and to maintain a safe and comfortable working environment for all our employees.
Relationship with Business Partners
3.We will conduct business appropriately based on fair, transparent, and free competition, and will build relationships of mutual trust in the market.
Relationship with Shareholders and Investors
4.We will maintain and operate a suitable governance system to achieve sustainable growth and increase corporate value over the mid- to long-term. At the same time, we will engage in constructive dialogue with shareholders and investors and disclose information in a timely and appropriate manner.
Relationship with the Global Environment
5.We thoroughly acknowledge that our company exists thanks to the abundance of nature. We will strive to maintain a harmonious coexistence with the environment, protect natural resources and contribute to a more sustainable society.
As a Member of Society
6.We will adhere to the following principles in our business activities to meet our obligations to society.
- We will make our best efforts to respect the human rights of all people related to our business activities.
- We will conduct our business activities in compliance with the laws and regulations of each country and region, and with respect for their culture and customs.
- We will strive to deepen our social interaction with local communities as a good corporate citizen, and to provide broad contributions to society.
- We will implement the strictest privacy control, especially in matters related to our customers´ personal information.
- We understand the importance of intellectual property rights, and will make efforts to protect and prevent the violation or exploitation of those rights.
- We will not engage in improper practices that lead to social corruption.
- We will maintain regular, fair relationships in political and administrative fields.
- We take an emphatic stance against antisocial groups or individuals that threaten the order and/or safety of civil society.
We understand the spirit of this Charter, and we will work to ensure that all of the Group´s corporations are thoroughly familiar with it and implement it. In the event that a situation contradicting this Charter arises, any parties concerned should take the responsibility of investigating the cause, resolving the situation, and preventing it from reoccurring. Parties found to be in violation of the Charter are subject to strict punishment.
The Meiji Group has established the policies and guidelines pursuant to the Meiji Group Corporate Behavior Charter.
Read more about Policies.